Sunday 21 June 2020

BLACK JOURNALIST ENDURES "THE WORST RACIST ABUSE I HAVE EVER SUFFERED" FOR QUESTIONING THE AIMS OF BLACK LIVES MATTER!

ESTHER KRAKUE: I dared to question the aims of Black Lives Matter - and got the worst racist abuse I've ever suffered

When I first moved to the UK from Ghana with my family in my early teens, the country that welcomed me was one where multiculturalism flourished and neighbours were warm and unassuming.
Your achievements were not prefaced by the colour of your skin or your place on the totem pole of identity politics.
People from ethnic and racial minorities were not constantly looking over their shoulders and assuming that every social interaction was laced with disdain or racism. It was a Britain where confidence trumped victimhood.
Esther Krakue, a political commentator and writer
Esther Krakue, a political commentator and writer
But, much to my dismay, the tone has shifted entirely, and worryingly, over the past five years.
Now I, a 24-year-old black woman of West African heritage, am expected to be mortally offended if someone dares assume that my dark skin might signal heritage not native to the British Isles.
I am expected to voice loudly my approval of white liberals who inform me of my inherent oppression as a ‘woman of colour’.
Amid the demonstrations and tumult of recent weeks, I have grown increasingly concerned about the methods and the wider far-Left political agenda of the Black Lives Matter movement here in the UK.
I have been horrified to watch this ridiculous campaign of tearing down statues and relics of British heritage escalate. It is a campaign that has yet to make any progress in tangibly helping me as a black person. And in recent weeks I have been increasingly vocal on Twitter about my concerns. But in doing so I have become targeted by a wave of vile online abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment