Tuesday 26 February 2019

Hollywood Applauds Gay Actor Billy Porter As He Made His Entrance On The Red Carpet Wearing His ‘Sodom And Gomorrah’ Evening Dress For 91st Oscars Presentation

New post on Now The End Begins

Hollywood Applauds Gay Actor Billy Porter As He Made His Entrance On The Red Carpet Wearing His ‘Sodom And Gomorrah’ Evening Dress For 91st Oscars Presentation

by Geoffrey Grider

91st-oscars-hollywood-sodom-gomorrah-billy-porter-tuxedo-dress-red-carpet-2019-lgbtqp-gay-homosexual

Each year, there are a handful of Oscars gowns that become talking pieces for weeks and years after the event. Billy Porter topped the list of 2019 looks.

In the interest of full disclosure, I was a card-carrying member of both SAG and AFTRA for many year, appearing in dozens of movies, commercials and television shows. My last real job was playing a SWAT team member in a Steven Seagal movie, where the Lord who saved me while acting in Hollywood, also called me out and onto the streets to preach the gospel of the grace of God. That's how I eventually wound up here in the ministry of Now The End Begins, and happily so!
"But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the LORD exceedingly. Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven; And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground." Genesis 13:13, 19:24,25 (KJV)
So what happened last night? In addition to being nothing more than a sounding board for the Far Left Liberals, the 91st Oscars also showcased a gay male actor wearing an evening dress. A quick Google search for 'billy porter red carpet' will show you nothing but overwhelmingly complimentary stories about the 'landmark event'.
America is really not very far away from a full-fledged promotion of exactly the thing that God rained fire and brimstone down on Sodom and Gomorrah for. That said, America is also not very far away from being the next recipient of that same actual, literal and visible fire and brimstone.

WHO IS BILLY PORTER? PERFORMER STUNS IN OSCARS 2019 RED CARPET GOWN

FROM NEWSWEEK: The performer, actor and singer wore a black, Christian Siriano gown, which had a Cinderella skirt with a tuxedo-inspired top. Billy Porter explained the decision to wear a gown came from his time in the spotlight, starting on Broadway, and now in a television role. He wrote a letter for Vanity Fair about the gown and channeling masculinity.
“When you’re black and you’re gay, one’s masculinity is in question,” Porter’s letter read. “I dealt with a lot of homophobia in relation to my clothing choices. [Even] when I had my first working contract at A&M Records, I was silent for a long time. I was trying to fit in to what other people felt I should look like. When I landed a role in Kinky Boots, the experience really grounded me in a way that was so unexpected. Putting on those heels made me feel the most masculine I’ve ever felt in my life. It was empowering to let that part of myself free.”
The artist began his career on Broadway, where he appeared in Kinky Boots, Grease and Smokey Joe’s Cafe, according to the Internet Movie Database. He then transitioned into a mainstream pop career.
His most recent career venture is starring in the FX series Pose as Pray Tell. He also appeared in the most recent season of American Horror Story, which premiered in 2018.
Porter said his time on Pose has opened new creative doors for him in way of experimentation on red carpets. “My goal is to be a walking piece of political art every time I show up,” he wrote. “To challenge expectations. What is masculinity? What does that mean? Women show up every day in pants, but the minute a man wears a dress, the seas part. It happened to me at the Golden Globes [when I wore a pink cape], and I was like, really? Y’all trippin’? I stopped traffic!”
He also explained he probably isn’t the only person who wants to take a stab at breaking gender barriers on the red carpet. “This industry masquerades itself as inclusive, but actors are afraid to play, because if they show up as something outside of the status quo, they might be received as feminine, and, as a result, they won’t get that masculine job, that superhero job. And that’s the truth,” Porter wrote. “I’ve been confronted with that.” READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment