Friday 27 September 2013

AN UPDATE ON THE HEALTH PROGRESS OF OUR GOOD FRIEND PAUL WILKINSON, WITH NOTES FROM HIS PASTOR ANDREW ROBINSON, AND FROM PAUL HIMSELF.

HAZEL GROVE FULL GOSPEL CHURCH 68, LONDON ROAD, HAZEL GROVE, STOCKPORT, MANCHESTER, SK7 4AF.
Tel: 0161 456 8393. Reg. Charity No. 10151785

Dear Praying Friends,

It is with grateful thanks to God that I bring you this report. Paul is settled in his new home, his
late-grandfather’s bungalow, which is directly opposite his parent’s home. On Sept 19th the steel
cast and clips were removed from his forearm. He met with the surgeon who said there is a floating
mass in the elbow which needs to be removed. Paul will have a follow-up consultation next
month. He has started physiotherapy and is making slow but steady progress. Due to the metal
plates, Paul has little movement in his forearm although he can move his fingers, praise the Lord.

He has two rods in his hip and leg, one of which runs the full length of his femur, but he should
soon be off his crutch and onto a walking stick. Paul is still in quite a lot of pain but has a very
positive attitude. He witnesses to the district nurses and physiotherapists who attend him regularly
at home and has been able to attend the last two Sunday morning services which has been a
great joy. Last week, Paul took the children’s talk, which was a real blessing.

Your brother in Christ Jesus,
Andrew Robinson.
_____________________________
Dear Friends,

I would like to express my heartfelt thanks for all the cards emails and gifts
which I have received since my accident last month. The Lord is so wonderfully
and graciously upholding me at this time and opening up so many opportunities
to share the good news of Jesus with people I would never have
met had this not happened.

The love and concern shown to me by my
brothers and sisters in Christ, not only in this country but overseas, has
been a source of great encouragement. I am not yet strong enough to resume
ministry and may have a long way to go in my recovery – the Lord
knows – and so pastor Andrew Robinson will continue to oversee my correspondence
for the time being.

As the Apostle Paul declares, we serve a
God “who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think"
(Ephesians 3:20). I look forward with renewed zeal and determination to all
that the Lord has prepared for my future, with complete confidence that “He who began a good
work in us will be faithful to complete it on the day of Jesus Christ” (Philippians 4:6). May God
bless you all for your love and concern.

Your brother in the Lord, Paul Wilkinson.

No comments:

Post a Comment